Tuesday 28 September 2010

The Brave Girls Club.... (and some great news!)

...is this amazing website (well, it's a lit more than a website, but) that my friend Rebecca, originally from Scrapblog, set me one day whilst in the middle of the cancer fight.
I could spend hours explaining you what the Brave Girls Club is, but I will say only that you subscribe (it's free) and they will send you every day some thoughts, thoughts that, in my case, from day one seemed taylor made.
But I wont say much, just go check it yourself...the only thing I can say is that we are gonna save, and save, and save a bit more, but will get to go to the mothers & daughters camp. Oh my...all the way to Idaho! yup. So worth it.

It's 5am in London which just got cold, like in a click of fingers someone decided it was time,not to get those autumnally afternoons, but to dive into winter. I was going to sleep and then realised it wont be easy, I'm like super excited...why?

All the events of the past few weeks are difficult to write down at once, but one of the good things that happened, which in the beginning I thought not to be so good, was one of my favourite designers, Isabel Mendez (Crisdam Designs) asking me to make a page for her CT, then extending to be a permanent CT member and, shortly after that, offering me to help her by being her CT lead...which, as much as I wanted to help, scared me a bit...I mean...would I be able to do something like this? I'm not all that good with techie stuff, I m slow, I get confused at certain times of the day because of my medication....and then my Windows in Parallels crashed...I was more than ready to give up.

But, as it goes, life has something planned and in store for us many times...and this one it came in the form of the marvellous Trista, whom you may know better as Scrappyt. She wouldn't let me. So I couldn't give up. She came in to share the lead after I suggested she was a much better person than me to fill the position, but she wouldn't let me, she said she would do it, but with me.
We have now the final team and the guest until March. We have been sending invites and I'm sure I can hear some of this girls laughter and the good vibes...it wasn't an easy selection, with so many people applying who are more than gifted, pure talent...
but we finally got to the final names :)I was amazingly pleased to see that both Isabel and Trista think in a way very similar to mine, and, let me tell you...this team will ROCK it!

I think (as do lots of others) that Isabel's creations are amazing.
And I think she deserve a place right on top.
I'm glad, happy, excited-insert many other positive adjectivs here- to be be part of this beautiful team of wonderful women.

I promise to go visit blogs soon...
Stay tuned for more news, freebies and sales ...and maybe a thought or two :)

here is my last pages with Isabel's awesome kits...(click in the kit's name to go shopping)
with What a Pear

with Booand Boo's Alphas

with Sew Izzy

with Expecting

5 comments:

aynzan said...

Just dropped by your page to say Hi! Not seen you awhile at Scrapblog.Cheers!

McMGrad89 said...

Well congrats are in order. Hopefully all this good news will keep those good endorphins flowing and help alleviate some pain.

Best wishes,
Annemarie

Anonymous said...

Congrats on all the good news dear!!! You sound so happy and have all those lovely ladies to support you! (I'm one of the supporters too! YAY!) I'm so glad for you!!! (PS Sorry I don't visit that much these days - sooooo busy, but you know all about that, don't you?!)

amy! said...

well it took me a while..but I finally found your blog.. and how great it is.
look forward to knowing and working with you more!

Roban said...

You won't believe this, but I had looked up the Brave Girls Club, too. If it's the same one I'm thinking about, they have a retreat each year? I think I have a link to her site, but maybe not.... It's been a while.

I've been out of the blog world since last March. Maybe, maybe, will post more frequently.

Hugs,